James Madison Scholarships
MSU Federal Credit Union Internship Opportunity Award
Through the generosity of the Michigan State University Federal Credit Union (MSUFCU) and individual donors, the MSU Career Services Network is able to grant stipend awards for undergraduate students participating in unpaid internships located in the United States during all semesters.
The MSUFCU Internship Opportunity Award program was established to encourage students who have demonstrated the capacity to accomplish educational and professional goals, the motivation to achieve these goals and the initiative to seek experiential learning opportunities to further progress toward their career.
Recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Undergraduate MSU student in good standing
- Accepted to or actively pursuing a high quality, unpaid, career-related internship focusing on the following areas: non-profit organizations, government, media, the arts, public relations and advertising;
- Demonstrated financial need (as determined by student essay and the MSU Office of Financial Aid);
- Open to U.S. based internships, preference will be given to applicants interning at non-profits located in the Lansing area, non-profits in Michigan and Michigan start-up businesses in operation less than two years;
- Program is not open to students interning with an MSU department, who are interning internationally, who are past Award recipients, or graduate level students.
Awards of up to $1,000 each are available. The number of awards will be given based on available program funds and demonstrated student interest and need. Contingent awards are available for students who have not accepted an internship offer by the semester deadline.
Recipients will be required to express acceptance and appreciation in writing within three (3) weeks of notification of the award, participate in a pre-internship Career Services workshop and post-internship donor event, and help with other program-related activities (details shared after award notifications.)
To be considered for this award, all applicants need to submit an MSUFCU Internship Award Application via Desire 2 Learn, a one (1) page personal essay and a current resume, all to MSU Career Services via their Desire 2 Learn account through the MSUFCU Intern Award Course.
All application materials must be uploaded into D2L by the semester deadline
(see link below for semester deadline)
To apply: Log into Desire2Learn, click the Self Registering Courses tab (upper right corner), search and click on the “MSUFCU Intern Award” to enroll in this course.
Once added open the course and complete the application form and upload your most current resume and personal essay.
Questions regarding the application process or the Desire 2 Learn course, please contact:
Victoria Morris: email@example.com