Before you Arrive
Some helpful reminders:
- Once you have been admitted to MSU and James Madison College you should follow all the "Next Steps" given to you by MSU’s Office of Admissions.
- All first year students will attend New Student Orientation (NSO) sometime over the summer. At this time you will create your schedule and enroll in classes for both Fall and Spring semesters of freshmen year. Once you have left NSO, you will not be able to make changes to your schedule until classes begin in the Fall.
- All first year JMC students are required to complete both the JMC and MSU required summer readings and arrive on campus at the start of the school year prepared to discuss these 2 books. You will receive specific information about the selected texts in June, with more details about the readings coming to you throughout the summer.
- Final housing assignments (residence hall, room, and roommate) are made available in late July. Students can log into iLiveOn to see this information.
- Your tuition bill will be ready for viewing online in STUINFO in late July. You will receive an e-mail in your MSU account indicating that your tuition bill is ready for viewing. Pay close attention to the payment deadline so you are not charged a late fee. Minimum tuition and fee payment is typically due in early August.
- Madison-specific scholarship information will be mailed to admitted students in February, with responses generally due in early March.
- Case Hall is entirely wireless enabled. Do not bring your own wireless router to use if you are living in Case Hall.